For streaming WIfi card to Power Line network?

Mitchell Paulen

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
Solution
The Asus router you selected is a good one. You have to see what kind of speeds you get wirelessly before you assume that you can't stream with it. I do most of my computing over WiFi and can stream HD without an issue, and I am a floor away from the router.
It is a good plan. Those are the fastest powerline out today....there are some newer ones soon.. Many people get just over 100m with those. Problem is there are no guarantees, like wireless it greatly depends on the particulars of your house. The path the wires take is critical to good performance. All you can really do is try it and see if it works. You want to plug these directly into the wall outlets. Most houses they work well in, unfortunately the new building codes are likely going to kill these products in the long run. Many of the new arc fault breakers that are required in new construction/remodel tend to do a very good job of blocking the signals.

The Asus router you selected is a good one. You have to see what kind of speeds you get wirelessly before you assume that you can't stream with it. I do most of my computing over WiFi and can stream HD without an issue, and I am a floor away from the router.

Solution