for the life of me i can`t see or know if my Nvidia graphic card is working on my laptop(HP evny i7 4700MQ cpu

Omar Gado

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015
alright so i have tried every god damn thing to find that sneaky graphics card, i have`nt went tried any BIOS related thing to try to fix it, and yeah i`ve changed my harddisk a couple of times and thats it PLEASE I BEG U HELP ME I AM SUFFERING OVER HERE!!!!

Solution
sounds like you may have turned the gpu off in bios...
have a look and see if you have an option for peg mode. if you do, enable it. the dedicated gpu should turn on and start working.
the gpu should have shown up in the device manager unless its turned off in bios.

Omar Gado

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015

here is the thing i think it might be working but the only thing i can see on my display adapters is Intel hd graphics 4600, however i am quite sure i have a nvidia one, i even had the software from their site installed and i was customizing games ect ect ...

sounds like you may have turned the gpu off in bios...
have a look and see if you have an option for peg mode. if you do, enable it. the dedicated gpu should turn on and start working.
the gpu should have shown up in the device manager unless its turned off in bios.

Solution

Omar Gado

Reputable
Jan 28, 2015

i will try cheers for now i will go rest i've been trying all sorts of shit for 4 hours