Info For those having problems with HDMI not being recognized by HP DV6 Pc or AMD RADEON 5000 SERIES

Mar 17, 2019
I have found a solution that can solve this:

I have found a solution that automatically detects a monitor in my DV6 HP computer with a Radeon 5000 series Graphics. All you have to do is download the ADM Crimson Beta software. YOU MUST UNINSTALL THE catalyst one that comes with Windows.

As soon as I got rid of the Catalyst AMD software for setting up and placed the Crimson ADM software, it AUTOMATICALLY detected my Monitor (Hannspree brand)
Download here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-17-11-4

There was no need to update anything, change any settings on sound or anything at all. Seems the trick is just a software thing.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: thefatkid
Mar 17, 2019
thanks for the addition to the forum, but this ain't no question
I realize this sir, but someone will appreciate the information and I did not know where to put it. After trying to fix this problem for 3 days, I though it would be a nice service to the community.

Mar 17, 2019
Welcome to the forum. We (the moderation) decide what's allowed to be posted or not. This is not a good way to introduce yourself here.
My apologies for not introducing myself properly. Nevertheless, I think it is a good piece of information and regardless of my omitting my formal and polite introductions, it is useful!

I hope you see the benefits of the input and I extend my apologies if any feelings were hurt.
Luca

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
My apologies for not introducing myself properly. Nevertheless, I think it is a good piece of information and regardless of my omitting my formal and polite introductions, it is useful!

I hope you see the benefits of the input and I extend my apologies if any feelings were hurt.
Luca

That wasn't directed at you, it was directed at the person who replied to your post so rudely.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS