For your attention!!!

Haros

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
I know it's not the right board to post this but I know many ppl visit this one and I'd like to make you aware o a problem I experienced for 2 days ago.
I bought a dvdrom for a month or so, a pioneer 16x/34x(I think 34x). for 2 days ago I tried to reinstall a game(Alice, cd 1) and all of a sudden a strange noice begun from the dvdrom, in the 40% of the installation procedure. Then, 5-10 secs later a big bang and the dvdrom made like and explosion. Yes an explosion, I got a piece of the cd on my leg and it hurt allot...I unmounted the dvdrom and opened it and I saw hundreds of small pieces of my beloved game Alice scatered inside...*sniff*.
This aint a joke!!!

Haros

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
I did it so more ppl would read it, so they would be more cautious when they put their face infront of the dvdrom to find out what's wrong, so nobody would get seriously hurt, smth like an eye injury caused by a piece of flying cd plastic...

ajmcgarry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well as long as you can go back to the b**tards and get a refund and get the drive and the cost of Alice (bloody wicked game) covered.

Either that or sew somebody, anybody for personal damages and stress induced by the loss of such a wicked game.
(only kidding about that last part)

<font color=red>Why don't you ever see the headline "Psychic Wins Lottery"?</font color=red>

Haros

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
Well, I was wondering the same...I never thought of a dvdrom exploding a cd (Mission Impossible 3). That's what I call interactive gaming experience.
Maybe it's the new copyright protection they put on the dvd's, if it's an illegalcopy then the cd explodes in your face.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Haros on 04/04/01 03:46 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
OO lala if that's true I'd better either not change my CDROM drive or thrash all CDs (all pirated for me hehe)!

-------------
This site is cool.