Force Feedback Helmet Lets You Feel Headshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

malveaux

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
Lol!

I'm totally stoked about the feedback HELM. So long as it's not frick'n $500, I'll try it out and look like a fool playing games, lol.

Cheers,

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
I'm genuinely conflicted on this one, guys.

On the one hand, imagine what you'd look like sitting in front of your monitor, playing a game, WEARING A HELMET! ...yeah.
On the other hand, it means we are -this- much closer to punching someone in the face over the internet.

geof2001

Distinguished
May 23, 2008
I can envision the news story now about how some idiot strapped this to his newborn infants head and has caused it irrepairable damage or even worse.

TemjinGold

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
Wouldn't it be cheaper and more... realistic to get a buddy to clock you in the noggin while you play every time you're supposed to get hit?

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
Man: Hello, I want to... Ooooh!
Spreaders (Terry Jones): No, no, no. Hold your head like this, then go Waaah. Try it again. (hits him on the head again)
Man: uuuwwhh!!
Spreaders: Better, Better, but Waah, Waah! Hold your hands here.
Man: No.
Spreaders: Now..
Man: Waaaaah!!!
Spreaders: Good, Good! That's it.
Man: Stop hitting me!!
Spreaders: What?
Man: Stop hitting me!!
Spreaders: Stop hitting you?
Man: Yes!
Spreaders: What'd you come here for?
Man: I came here to complain.
Spreaders: Oh no, that's next door. It's being-hit-on-the-head lessons in here.
Man: What a stupid concept.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I'm a bit worried that the helmet might be a tad too heavy or something, or poorly ventilated or otherwise obstruct one's 'gaming experience' by simply being cumbersome.
I do like the idea though. All they need do is to make the helmet look like one of those cloth hats that the heroine consuming youth use, and it'll look no more silly than they already do.

They should outfit the racing seat, that was built for the g25, with this compressor tech though, and one could have a much more realistic car gaming experience. Could even be used in those gaming halls you see in 80s movies - if any still exist that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.