Force Monitor Refresh?

gamotter

Reputable
Apr 30, 2016
I use a monitor/keyboard switch, to go between a work and home computer.

The issue is my home computer sometimes, defaults to a lower resolution/refresh rate when I'm working on my work computer.

I used to be able to simply press ctrl-alt-del then esc to force it to refresh. Now I have to go into my GeForce Experience to force it to refresh.

1) Is there are hotkey in win10 i could use to force the refresh.
2) Is there a way I could make it stop refreshing to the wrong resolution/refresh rate?

Thanks so much,

Solution
When on a Windows 10 machine you should make sure your automatic device driver updates feature is disabled since it often brings along a mish mash of device drivers as update suggestions. Make sure your BIOS and GPU(and the rest of your) drivers are all up to date.

That being said, you may want to pass on your full system's specs inclusive of your KVM switch. That being said, have a go with this tutorial and have a read through this.

Lutfij

Titan
When on a Windows 10 machine you should make sure your automatic device driver updates feature is disabled since it often brings along a mish mash of device drivers as update suggestions. Make sure your BIOS and GPU(and the rest of your) drivers are all up to date.

That being said, you may want to pass on your full system's specs inclusive of your KVM switch. That being said, have a go with this tutorial and have a read through this.

Solution