Force MP500 won't boot after installing windows 10 on it

Apr 18, 2018
Installing Windows 10 on Force MP500. When i install windows on it it boots up again into bios and the SSD isn't in the boot menu. I have a gigabyte MB (GA-Z170M-D3H). I tried alot of thing including updating the bios and installing with HDD unplugged. I'm installing windows from a usb if it matters.

Apr 18, 2018

The Windows boot manager is set to my HDD so when i unplug it, it doesn't show up. When i install windows on my SSD it boot into bios but there isn't anything in the boot menu.

I'm not sure in that particular BIOS since I don't have that board. Members on another forum noted that though on a thread about a similar issue (though it was an EVGA board). If there are no such options, and everything in the boot section looks good, the board may have a corrupt bios. In that event, contact Gigabyte support.

Apr 18, 2018

Thanks for digging that deep. I will try contacting them and see if there's something wrong with the bios.

Apr 18, 2018
So I'm back empty after i got a reply from gigabyte. This is what they told me to do "boot from your UEFI:USB drive or UEFI: DVD ROM to install Win10 OS.

After Win10 installation completes, you should see the windows boot manager (MP500) and set it as first boot device."

The thing with that is i can only install windows on the SSD if CSM is disabled. But when i go back to the BIOS the SSD doesn't show up again in the boot menu unless i turn CSM back on. I'm getting really frustrated and don't know if it's my SSD that doesn't work or something else which i don't know what it is. Please help me :)

Apr 18, 2018
So this is what they told me
"It seems your Win10 OS on MP500 is legacy (MBR) mode.

Nvme needs the UEFI (GPT) mode to support.

Please go to bios setup to disable CSM.

Boot from your UEFI:USB drive or UEFI: DVD ROM to install Win10 OS on your MP500.

Please check if it can boot into Win10 with MP500 nvme."

I'm not sure what i should be doing so if you do could you please walk me through the process

Apr 18, 2018

I'm sorry but i don't know what I'm supposed to do. Disable CSM i have done countless times. I tried making the SSD to GPT and then installed Windows 10 on it but it didn't work.

Apr 18, 2018
I told them. They told me that they tried installing windows on default BIOS settings and it worked just fine for them. So i reset the BIOS settings and tried it again same thing happened. So my months of struggle doesn't seem like it's gonna end anytime soon.

Apr 18, 2018

They did tell if that doesn't work i should take it back to the store i bought it from. Problem being i bought it from amazon. Guess my only way out is a new motherboard.

How long ago did you order it? Before spending more money make sure you're not still in their return period. You'd have to ship it back but even if you have to pay for that it's less than a new board.

Apr 18, 2018

I bought it about a year and a half. Yea it might be a little cheaper but i live in a far country and shipping really takes a chunk out of me if i buy something that weighs a good 5 or more pounds. Plus i use the computer on daily basis and others do as well so with how much time and money it's gonna cost me i would rather buy a new one like Asus or MSI. I have been trying to solve this for months and I'm tired of it. If you have any board recommendations that would be great.

Apr 18, 2018

That one seems to be out. Is there any newer board that perhaps supports latest intel generation (i7-8700k) or anything like that for future upgrades that would be great.

Unfortunately the 300 series boards are only compatible with 8th gen chips (that is, they are not backwards compatible with a 6th or7th gen chip even though they use the same socket). You'd need a new CPU also if you get a Z370 board.

Z270 is a possibility though, maybe PRIME Z270-A

Apr 18, 2018

The PRIME Z270 is out as well, how about MSI Pro Series Intel Z270?