[SOLVED] Force Nvidia to enable MSAA

alirwez

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
Hi everybody,
I have a GeForce 940m on my Acer Aspire laptop and it runs great.
I still play a game from 2011 which doesn't have the MSAA feature but only the FXAA anti-aliasing feature,
does anybody have any idea how can I force the GPU or the process to use MSAA ?
Thanks

P.S.: What will happen if I turn the FXAA and MSAA at the same time? :unsure:

Solution
Hey there,

You can do that from the Nvidia Control Panel. Go to 'Manage 3d Settings' and you will see a box, with both global settings and program settings. You can use program settings to make a specific profile for that game (if there isn't already one there) and you can force the sampling mode there. It will load up any time you run the game. You can set it globally too, but it will then apply to all games. Note: it could cause graphical glitches, black parts of screens if the game doesn't support it.
Hey there,

You can do that from the Nvidia Control Panel. Go to 'Manage 3d Settings' and you will see a box, with both global settings and program settings. You can use program settings to make a specific profile for that game (if there isn't already one there) and you can force the sampling mode there. It will load up any time you run the game. You can set it globally too, but it will then apply to all games. Note: it could cause graphical glitches, black parts of screens if the game doesn't support it.

Reactions: alirwez
Solution