[SOLVED] Force PC not to check fan spinning rate

Jan 22, 2021
Hey guys!

So today my Laptop CPU cooling fan started making some pretty annoying noises so i unplugged it from the motherboard and used my external laptop cooler. All was well for an hour or so until it started beeping recurringly. After maybe a minute of beeping my laptop will now shut itself off.
I am already pretty sure this is caused by some kind of failed test, that checks if the fans are spinning at the correct rate, since my PC didn't get hot at all.
Now since i urgently need my laptop and have no other devices to work on for now, is there any way i can force my laptop to stop checking the consistency of the fan speed?

Thank you in advance for your answers :)

Solution
What about the ram. The VRM's. The Sata chipsets. The Northbridge chipset. The Super i/o chipset. The drives. None of them have temp reporting components.

The cpu temp isn't everything, but the fan is. It's fan is a major source of airflow through a laptop, and lack of that airflow is going to have unforseen consequences.

Replace the fan, stop with the band-aid fixes.
Are you sure the internal components (not the outside chassis) isn't getting too hot? Have you monitored your CPU/motherboard temps to verify this?
If you can use it for an hour and then it starts beeping that is most likely NOT a fan check fail but a thermal failure.

Reactions: Mtop
Jan 22, 2021
Yeah, I have a program to monitor cpu temperature and also fan speed, the temperature is around 45 degrees when this happens, nothing alarming... It only took an hour to shut off the first time. Now it starts beeping within seconds after the boot

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
What about the ram. The VRM's. The Sata chipsets. The Northbridge chipset. The Super i/o chipset. The drives. None of them have temp reporting components.

The cpu temp isn't everything, but the fan is. It's fan is a major source of airflow through a laptop, and lack of that airflow is going to have unforseen consequences.

Reactions: PROPANganda
Solution
Jan 22, 2021

Fair enough :D Someone offered to lend me their laptop until the new cooler arrives now so i don't need this one so urgently anymore