[SOLVED] Force shutdown of Asus laptop(fx505dy) with NVME ssd(XPG sx 8200pro) causes big trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2019
Hi Geeks,

Recently I bought Asus fx505dy and XPG sx 8200 pro m2 nvme ssd. I freshly installed windows 10 on ssd. Everything goes smooth. I used it for 2-3 days. One day because of some glitch I forcefully shutdown my laptop. But when I tried to start it again. It stuck at ASUS boot screen. even I cant access boot manager. Then I removed ssd and start my laptop without ssd. I have another windows 10 installed on my HDD. I booted to that system. everything goes fine. later I inserted ssd again and it boots normally. So problem statement is I can use SSD without any problem. but if I force shutdown my laptop then I need to remove ssd boot to that old windows 10 installation(Which is on hdd). shutdown properly from there and then put back ssd again so I can access windows 10 system which is installed on ssd. Can you please help me to sort it out? One force shut down and game over. I need to repeat all this procedure all over again to boot from ssd again.

Aug 10, 2019
Asus TUF FX505 Ryzen series doesnt support M.2 Nvme Gen3.0x4, you must buy Gen3.0x2 like WD SN500 or Kingston A1000
Ok, but than the ssd works fine everything is all ok, the problem only occurs when a force shutdown happens (long press the power button or blue screen occurs). Only in that case the laptop gets stuck before the BIOS (at the logo screen). But if you shutdown the laptop property like the normal way than it boots up fine everything works fine

Status
Not open for further replies.