[SOLVED] Forced account to use graphic driver. Is this a joke

TechQuestion1

Great
BANNED
Jan 13, 2020
Im using nvidia graphic card.
Never had problem like this before.

So from now on nvidia forces ANY user who wants to user the latest driver to MUST HAVE a *** microsoft store account ???????????????????
I can only install the legacy ( DCH ) version of nvidia driver, if i try the standard or the gameready it says not compatile with my windows version.
After some research i found that i must have an microsoftstore account in order to install the driver. Thats insanse and sick.
Paying hundreds of euro for the GPU and now they want your data aswell.

No. not with me. i will stick to legacy driver or just use a previous driver version.

And the first thing after installing windows for me was deleting the pathetic microsoftstore )))

Just one question: What EXACTLY is the diffrence between the legacy driver and the gameready
Do i lose any performance?

Solution
This is happening because Windows is installing the driver before Nvidia can.

Download the driver you want. Use DDU in safe mode to remove old drivers. Once it's finished uninstalling and before it restarts unplug the ethernet cable from PC. After the PC boots, go ahead and install the previously downloaded driver. You'll probably get a warning message from Windows, click OK. After the driver installs go ahead and connect the ethernet cable and restart PC.

There may be an easier way, but this works everytime for me.

TechQuestion1

Great
BANNED
Jan 13, 2020
legacy is old driver, game ready focus on latest games to improwe performance there, studio driver focus on stability
standart/DCH driver is same, it just differs in how it gets installed
btw its been like that for few years

Thanks for the info.

This is my current driver: 442.19-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql
This is the standard version from the nvidia advanced driver search site.

Because like i said if i try installing the driver from the "normal" nvidia driver site im getting an error. (windows version)

So you said legacy is old driver and game ready focus on improve performance,
What exctly is the diffrence between the legacy and gameready still?
They are both the same version: 442.19-desktop-win10-64bit

Im asking, if they are exact same version how much diffrence can there be. How can the legacy driver be old if it is the same version as the gameready

Download the driver you want. Use DDU in safe mode to remove old drivers. Once it's finished uninstalling and before it restarts unplug the ethernet cable from PC. After the PC boots, go ahead and install the previously downloaded driver. You'll probably get a warning message from Windows, click OK. After the driver installs go ahead and connect the ethernet cable and restart PC.

Reactions: TechQuestion1
Solution

TechQuestion1

Great
BANNED
Jan 13, 2020

Wow thanks alot for this information sounds really good i will try that.

You are basically saying i can use the lates nvidia driver without creating a microsoft store account when doing what you told? Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS