Forced to go into bios every time to launch windows 10

theinfamoustoast

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2016
specs: GTX 1060 6GB, I5 4460, 8GB RAM, ASROCK: H81M-DGS-R2.0 MOBO, 500w POWER SUPPLY, 500GB WESTERN DIGITAL (running OS), 350gb SAMSUNG.

essentially I was changing the power supply due to my 430w cx Corsair PSU broke which is not a big deal as I always had this spare that I knew worked. All I had to do was just to replace the cables and fit it in my define C case, however everytime I boot up it says that I need to select a proper boot device but every time I looked into the bios it only saw one drive which was my Samsung one with no OS in it. I closed the system and swapped and changed all the cables connected to the motherboard SATA ports and the hard drive ports. Again all it would show was that only the Samsung drive was detected and that I needed to select a proper boot device. When I closed the BIOS and just let it boot again it suddenly booted up windows and all my hard drives were detected. I found out every time I shut my PC down and booted without checking bios it would always say that there was no boot device, so I have to go on BIOS every time and exit it to boot windows is there a fix for this, please.

Solution
Open the case to see the 500gb WD HDD is connected into the 1st SATA port or not. If is is not, change it. If it did, disconnect the 350gb samsung HDD, and try boot the PC again. What happens?

theinfamoustoast

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2016
I took out the Samsung hard drive and went into bios to let my WD to boot up as main drive, this worked so I switched it to SATA 0 and connected my Samsung hard drive to SATA 1 and now it boots normally, I also noticed that it boots way faster I don't really know why all I can think is that it's connected to the first SATA cable (SATA 0)