Question Forcing use of integrated graphics card on Toshiba Qosmio x870 if my standalone gfx 670m card is fried

Mar 6, 2021
So my gfx 670M is done for, no output on laptop monitor or external monitor, service told me it has to be replaced.

However Qosmio should have an Intel Graphics card on the CPU.

To access it i have to enable it in Bios but i can't see anything in Bios cause my main card is fried and laptop will not switch to CPU integrated one.

How can i navigate this? I also don't know the version of Bios and i can't check it either. Chances to find another person with an x870 and mirror his moves are very slim...
Thank you

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I think the issue is not that the card is not there, it should be given the timeline when the GTX670's were made, pretty much all of Intel's processors had an iGPU, the concern I have is that maybe the GPU output is wired to your discrete card and that the laptop won't POST or boot without the discrete in the laptop.

If you have the i7 in your laptop, like this unit, then yes it has an iGPU. You could just partially reassemble the laptop without the discrete card and then try powering up the laptop with an external display connected to the laptop's video output.

Mar 6, 2021
I think the issue is not that the card is not there, it should be given the timeline when the GTX670's were made, pretty much all of Intel's processors had an iGPU, the concern I have is that maybe the GPU output is wired to your discrete card and that the laptop won't POST or boot without the discrete in the laptop.

If you have the i7 in your laptop, like this unit, then yes it has an iGPU. You could just partially reassemble the laptop without the discrete card and then try powering up the laptop with an external display connected to the laptop's video output.

hello thank you for answering. i did remove the gtx 670m card, which i had hoped would force the intel integrated card, but it does not.

the laptop can boot and i can even get to windows, with or without the 670m attached, just that i get no video

i am not sure if this is what you meant though

Last edited: