forgot comcast router password

ravensj15

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
i forgot my password for the Comcast router (model number TG1682G) because every time i went to go into the setting it told me to change the password. i finally did and now i don't remember it.. is there any way i can retrieve the password?

Solution
Do a 30/30/30 reset and then use the default values -- and double check that they are correct, some of those have the default password printed on the bottom.

Here is the 30/30/30 reset procedure: With the unit powered on, press and hold the reset button on back of unit for 30 seconds
Without releasing the reset button, unplug the unit and hold reset for another 30 seconds
Plug the unit back in STILL holding the reset button a final 30 seconds .

If that does not work you will have to exchange your unit with your ISP.

RealBeast

Titan
You will need to reset your router and use the default user and password, and then set it up again including a new password. Many users just tape the new password to the bottom of the router since anyone with physical access to the router can get into it with a reset anyway.

RealBeast

Titan
Do a 30/30/30 reset and then use the default values -- and double check that they are correct, some of those have the default password printed on the bottom.

Here is the 30/30/30 reset procedure: With the unit powered on, press and hold the reset button on back of unit for 30 seconds
Without releasing the reset button, unplug the unit and hold reset for another 30 seconds
Plug the unit back in STILL holding the reset button a final 30 seconds .

If that does not work you will have to exchange your unit with your ISP.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS