Question Forgot password and how to undo msconfig in registry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibradleyallen

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Win10 laptop hp, always asked for a pin. Daily pc. It’s got issues with performance so went to safe mode by flag r then msconfig. Made changes, restart. Well it wants the password not pin.

I set the password years ago and never used it. Tried for two days , not a chance. Ms support said reset it. I said no, it’s got everYthing stupid tablet........ and I can’t lose it. He says you can opt to save files and it might save some of them, or whatever. I finally am at the point of risking that. But it needs the password.

So I find out it has a way to go to a command prompt. It will not launch msconfig to undo whatever. It’s not found.

I can get into regex so maybe find a setting that’s bringing it into the msconfig configuration, so am hoping to edit that. Or maybe use a Linux type password zapper because it’s desparatioon time.

I work from home and don’t make enough. I have 2 motherboards and a case but no power supply, sold or had all my computer stuff stolen by moving company presto logistics. Liars and thieves. Stole 5k$ of my stuff. Had decades of computer stuff, working PCs I gave away. Now can’t get my own going. I have the 3.5 SATA adapter but no 2nd pc.

Hopefully the registry can be updated but thanks for any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.