Forgot to plug in my CPU fan!

theawolwarrior

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
So today I decided to reinstall my Hyper 212 evo since I messed up the first time and I do it then see that my temps are alittle high, I play a game of cs go and got max temps up to 65c then I wonder whats happening, I then open up the case to see my cpu fan not spinning and the wire not connected, I connected it now and the temps are 29c and going down, did I get lucky or something since my cpu should be fried right now, did this damage my cpu and should I still overclock?

Solution
You did get lucky, but the Hyper 212 EVO is a great cooler, go those temps are fine. Your CPU, motherboard, and GPU can all go above those temps and still run normally. You can still overclock. Motherboards have emergency temp sensors that are constantly monitored, and if your CPU, GPU, or motherboard gets too hot to operate safely, it immediately cuts all power to the PC and shuts down.
You did get lucky, but the Hyper 212 EVO is a great cooler, go those temps are fine. Your CPU, motherboard, and GPU can all go above those temps and still run normally. You can still overclock. Motherboards have emergency temp sensors that are constantly monitored, and if your CPU, GPU, or motherboard gets too hot to operate safely, it immediately cuts all power to the PC and shuts down.

Solution

theawolwarrior

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
Thank you guys for such quick replies, I would give all of you best answer if I could, after reconnecting the fan I gave it some time then ran prime95 without overclock and the max temp was 56c, proceeding to overclock now!

TRENDING THREADS