[SOLVED] Forhonor, getting the same fps with low and ultra settings

Viljak

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017
i've been getting the same fps and poor performance overall in Forhonor, here's a video of the benchmark ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLnm1l-d_bc&feature=youtu.be ) i apologize for the audio

few things to note is that this isn't related to GPU i've had the same issue with gtx1060 and it isn't related to the hard disk/ssd or RAM
this issue only happens in Forhonor other games are running as expected

i think the issue is CPU related, awhile back i played around with cpu settings in the bios i did reset the settings but this performance issue continued

Ryzen 5 2600x
gigabyte x470 5
RTX 2070
16 gb ram

Solution
Sounds like a software issue to me. Maybe a driver. Download the current drivers. Update the .ini files to the game to set a 144hz frame cap. You are at 130fps, so it is not performing too poor.

Viljak

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017

55-67 is usually the average, i don't think it's caused by temps cause other games runs very well but it's just forhonor that my cpu doesn't like

Viljak

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017

nothing really, i went away for the past two weeks and came back to the same issue except the game now capps to 130 instead

Viljak

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017

i tried going through .ini but that didn't help, i've updated the bios the cpu drivers nothing changed, i went to the bios and changed a few settings according to this https://www.pcworld.com/article/3180511/components-processors/7-amd-ryzen-tips-and-tricks-to-maximize-your-pcs-performance.html
and now im getting even worse fps in locked to 120-122 fps with drops to 100
im so sad

Viljak

Prominent
Aug 9, 2017

thanks for being helpful, the reason behind that poor performance and locked fps was the controller !
i play using xbox 1 controller that i connect via bluetooth, the controller started vibrating while the game froze so i turned it off and tried to play with mouse and keyboard for the first time, my fps jumbed to 200 right away and stayed above 170 !

thanks again