format hard drive in Windos XP (NTFS file system)

Greetings --

Simply boot from the WinXP installation CD. You'll be offered the
installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the order of boot

HOW TO Install Windows XP

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

"Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you re-format your hard drive in Windows XP with
> the NTFS file system?

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Hello,

This might work.

1) Click the Start button.

2) Find "My Computer" and click the icon. (Location varies
depending on which XP edition you are running. This
example is in XP Professional).

3) Right click on "Local Disc C".

4) Click on Format. A drop down appears.

5) Select NTSF if it is present.

If that does not get you there, I apologize for not being
able to offer a reliable alternate method without adding
risk.

Best Regards,

Ray

Greetings --

That won't work. It would be the computer equivalent of sawing
off the tree limb you're sitting on, and WinXP is "too smart" to allow
this.

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. -- RAH

"Ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> This might work.
>
> 1) Click the Start button.
>
> 2) Find "My Computer" and click the icon. (Location varies
> depending on which XP edition you are running. This
> example is in XP Professional).
>
> 3) Right click on "Local Disc C".
>
> 4) Click on Format. A drop down appears.
>
> 5) Select NTSF if it is present.
>
> If that does not get you there, I apologize for not being
> able to offer a reliable alternate method without adding
> risk.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Ray

If you just want to current your existing partition from FAT32 to NTFS:

- go to Start\Help and Support
- search on "Convert"

--
Please reply in newsgroup.

"Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you re-format your hard drive in Windows XP with
> the NTFS file system?

TRENDING THREADS