Question Format laptpop and install win 7. help to properly format hard driver

giannir

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015
Apologize for the beginner question.

I need to format my laptop and give a massive clean up as is not moving anymore.

I usually inset a win 7 OS DVD and start the process to install and the system ask me to format the hard driver. Usually to format 250gb takes less than a minute and doesnt look right to me. Also even if a new win 7 installed the laptop seems to be always slow and the hard driver after the installation is only giving me available 150gb. I dont understand why the rest of the memory remain occupied and was wondering what the best way to properly format a laptop or in general a computer and give a fresh life

Thanks

If you are doing a clean setup of Windows, then what you are doing is correct, boot off the setup media, you can delete existing partitions and then have the setup create a new one. A quick format on a disk will only take a minute or less, especially on an SSD.

Then you install the drivers for your system from the vendor support page. After Windows is installed, you should have more than 150 GB free on a 250 gb disk, are you checking for things right after setup? As far as slow system, what are the system specs? You could just have a slow system.

giannir

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015
If you are doing a clean setup of Windows, then what you are doing is correct, boot off the setup media, you can delete existing partitions and then have the setup create a new one. A quick format on a disk will only take a minute or less, especially on an SSD.

Then you install the drivers for your system from the vendor support page. After Windows is installed, you should have more than 150 GB free on a 250 gb disk, are you checking for things right after setup? As far as slow system, what are the system specs? You could just have a slow system.

Thanks