I formatted my PC and now I am having problems installing winxp. In DOS mode I
type in setup, and the screen reply, will not run in DOS mode. What do I do?

"Taylor1n2" <taylor1n2@aol.com> wrote in message
> I formatted my PC and now I am having problems installing winxp. In DOS
mode I
> type in setup, and the screen reply, will not run in DOS mode. What do I
do?

Boot from the CD.

Taylor1n2 wrote:

> I formatted my PC and now I am having problems installing winxp. In DOS mode I
> type in setup, and the screen reply, will not run in DOS mode. What do I do?

You can't set up XP from DOS.
Boot from the CD to run setup.

-WD

Taylor1n2 wrote:

> I formatted my PC and now I am having problems installing winxp. In DOS mode I
> type in setup, and the screen reply, will not run in DOS mode. What do I do?
if your system will boot a CD then do that with the XP CD. If your
system wont boot from a CD then go to MS web site and go to the download
page and type "install XP floppy" into the search box.

HTH

dick

Will Dormann wrote:

> Taylor1n2 wrote:
>
>> I formatted my PC and now I am having problems installing winxp. In
>> DOS mode I
>> type in setup, and the screen reply, will not run in DOS mode. What
>> do I do?
>

> You can't set up XP from DOS.

Yes you can, but it's slow. Simply invoke winnt in the i386 directory.

> Boot from the CD to run setup.

Easier.