[SOLVED] Formation made my laptop lose performance

Toni1998

Honorable
Jul 13, 2015
I reinstalled windows on my laptop which has very good configuration 16gb ddr4 ram i5 9300h ans gtx1650 and it was slow like really slow and constantly freezing then I installed drivers and it's the same what should I reinstalled it again with different windows or?

Solution
why are you replying to yourself?
Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html
All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

upload it to an image sharing website and show link here
All I would do is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.

download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

wong93

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2012
I reinstalled windows on my laptop which has very good configuration 16gb ddr4 ram i5 9300h ans gtx1650 and it was slow like really slow and constantly freezing then I installed drivers and it's the same what should I reinstalled it again with different windows or?

1. Make sure your Windows is original
  2. Try a clean format once more since your PC is still fresh, but this time WITHOUT installing any drivers (as these drivers might be a culprit too)
  3. Plug in Ethernet cable, Windows 10 will install the necessary drivers automatically
  4. Verify and see if problem still exists, if problem solved, then proceed to grab latest Nvidia Driver

Toni1998

Honorable
Jul 13, 2015
From the hp site where all drivers are listed
I downloaded it form Microsoft it's still not activated actually and it's crap
  2. Try a clean format once more since your PC is still fresh, but this time WITHOUT installing any drivers (as these drivers might be a culprit too)
  3. Plug in Ethernet cable, Windows 10 will install the necessary drivers automatically
  4. Verify and see if problem still exists, if problem solved, then proceed to grab latest Nvidia Driver
Which model HP?

were the drivers from 2020?
HP Omen 15
Some were 2019

Toni1998

Honorable
Jul 13, 2015
I tried but checking for updates on the Microsoft Windows setup is stuck on 46%
I am thinking of downloading one unlicenced then to activate it maybe it will work??

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

Now its up to you, you can look through the drivers and try to find old drivers, or you can take a screenshot from (and including)Driver name to (and including)Creation date.

All I would do is look at driver versions (or dates if you lucky to have any) to see what might have newer versions.

download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

Solution

Toni1998

Honorable
Jul 13, 2015

I will try to do one more format so I can clear my ssd and then do the drivers... Thanks a bunch