formattaing messages

when I try and format a had drive over 100g i get the
message Volume Size to big...2000pro, all fixes.. does the
same on my Win98se machine...latest bios in both
computers... external WD usb combo drive..

Hi, Professor.

You're NOT trying to format that big volume as FAT32, are you?

See these pages in the Win2K and WinXP Resource Kits online:
File Systems
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/default.asp?url=/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/prork/prdf_fls_pxjh.asp

Size Limitations in NTFS and FAT File Systems
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prkc_fil_tdrn.asp

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA