formatted accidentally disk drive D: Can I UNFORMAT.

kanojicb

Reputable
Nov 1, 2016
I have quick formatted a disk drive accidentally, on my daughter's HP laptop. How to UNFORMAT or RECOVER the files from the formatted drive in Windows8. After format I have not used the drive for any purpose.

Solution

Then give Easeus a try. They will only allow you to restore up to 2gb of lost data for free. If you need more than that then you'll have to but it.

I had to restore about 700GB of data and it found everything except 1 or 2 files that weren't important to me anyway.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You can try, and as long as you've not actually done anything to over-write any of the info, then there's some hope. The info is actually still there, all of it. All format does is lie to Windows, telling it that the drive is blank. EaseUS ties to undo the lies and get the truth back.

Is this drive a traditional "spinning" drive or an SSD?

If traditional, and you have not written to the drive since the format, then there is a chance of recovery. However, if it's an SSD it will have already begun the garbage collection process, which will continue to run whenever the drive is powered. This makes data recovery from SSD's highly unlikely, unless a professional recovery service, with SSD experience, is engaged immediately. Expect to pay dearly for this service.

mgallo848

Commendable

Then give Easeus a try. They will only allow you to restore up to 2gb of lost data for free. If you need more than that then you'll have to but it.

I had to restore about 700GB of data and it found everything except 1 or 2 files that weren't important to me anyway.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS