[SOLVED] Formatted hard drive

Oct 4, 2019
Hi my friends.i have formatted my hard drive (GPT Based) and now i haven't anything on it even partitions ! I lost all my data.. how i recover it without OS ? Plz help

Solution
Formatting removes all the data by design. Your only chance of recovering data is to use the hard drive on another, already working PC, and use a software tool like Recuva to see what can be recovered.

Also, for future planning, all important data should be backed up. Having a proper backup plan is a basic part of PC ownership, no different than changing the filter on your furnace or the oil in your car.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Formatting removes all the data by design. Your only chance of recovering data is to use the hard drive on another, already working PC, and use a software tool like Recuva to see what can be recovered.

Also, for future planning, all important data should be backed up. Having a proper backup plan is a basic part of PC ownership, no different than changing the filter on your furnace or the oil in your car.

Solution
Oct 4, 2019

I want to recover on this pc , not another one

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
I want to recover on this pc , not another one

That's not an option unless you buy a new hard drive and install Windows on the new hard drive. You don't want to be running on the hard drive from which you want to recover data; everything you do on that hard drive will overwrite the remaining crumbs of your data and quickly make that data unrecoverable.