Formatting an Old Drive

4slime

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013
Long story short - I have a laptop and a desktop. One day my laptop got infected and I reinstalled Windows 7 (attempted to...)
I was one third of the way through when the disk corrupted and the installation failed. I bought a new hard drive for the laptop and tried the installation with another disk, which didn't work either. I am now stuck with a Hard Drive with a missing BOOTMGR and one that shows the Windows 7 splash boot screen. It gets to where you log-in but tells me there was an error and I must click OK to continue.

Attempted ideas to solve:
Un-plug the HDD and boot from the Windows 7 Disk, it doesn't detect the drive.
Repair BOOTMGR - won't even boot past the warning screen OF BOOTMGR is missing, press CTRL + ALT + DELETE to restart.
CMD HDD format commands, doesn't work.

Now, here is where the desktop came into play:
I tried to format the drive using my Windows 8 desktop, but it doesn't remove the broken Windows 7 and I am attempting to format the BOOTMGR one as I type this.

I need the laptop for a lot of things the desktop can't do - and I'm not prepared to buy a third hard drive for it either. If anyone knows how to fix these issues - please reply! Thanks.

4slime

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013

The drive is a WD Blue, and the stock drive was Toshiba. I had a working Hitachi drive but it is doing the click of death kind of thing.