Formatting/ files/ partition question

hgr126

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Dear all, I am in a bit of a fix right now and hoping that any expert or experienced users can help me.
Basically, my computer is unable to start up due to some unmountable boot volume problem. I have tried almost everything but cant seem to fix it so I have decided on the next line of action-

I bought a USB TO SATA cable so i can transfer/backup my internal harddisk files to another computer. I have 2 drives in there.
Drive 1 = windows 10 OS and with some important documents.
Drive 2 = some important documents and.

The thing is, using the usb to sata cable, i can only access Drive 2 but it takes infinitely long to load Drive 1 i.e i cannot open drive 1 at all to backup my important documents.

So i am currently contemplating backing up all my stuff from Drive 2, and install windows 7 in it(im not going back to windows 10) and then boot up my comp with windows 7, then access my drive 1 from there.

I was wondering if this is even possible or feasible? Will my files from drive 1 which had windows 10 and all my stuff from my previous desktop still remain inside or will they be archived or compressed/deleted after formatting and stuff?

I would really appreciate any help here.

Thank you so much guy for your kind attention and time in helping me out! Pls havr a great day ahead

Hi.

Could you briefly explain, if you can what caused the volume with the working os to become none mountable.
If the drive is none mountable it normally means that you have not set the drive condition to the status of online in such a case.

Try to recall what you were doing before the drive it`s self became un mountable on the next system restart or power up of the system if turned off for a few hours.

You do know that if you change a interface, or the mode type for a hard disk it can render it non boot able.
Due to the fact you have changed the Interface.

As windows when installing takes not of the type of interface the drive is running on, and also the mode set for the interface.

Change it in anyway results in the drive not booting there after even with a boot able os partition.

hgr126

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Hi shaun, thank you very much for your reply but I can't seem to find the quote button to reply but anyways im way past the idea of solving my unmountable boot volume error as i have tried so many things, and my main question is to ask if my idea at the end paragraph is feasible.

But~~ if anyone would like to know the details:
Basically i did NOTHING. my comp was and has been running perfectly well these couple of years. Yesterday i just left it on as normal and i went to bathe,when i returned, my screen was dark and lit(if u get what i mean, not totally switched off). Afterwards i could not get my comp to boot into the desktop always ending up with the :( blue screen. I have tried changing around thr boot sequence to the harddisk but it still loads into a black screen with a cursor. I have tried burning windows 10 iso into cd and also usb, i instead get greeted with a purply blue screen with mouse cursor instead. I cant access any safe mode. I cant do anyting except when i place in my windows 7 setup disc. So that is my only path of action i chose.

But i hope i do not digress from my question, i would still like to know if i can access Drive 1 which had windows 10 OS if i format windows 7 on Drive 2 and boot up with it? Does anyone know if this is a logical or feasible idea?

Thank k you very much for your time!