Formatting Laptop externally then installing windows again?

galaxymark1994

Honorable
Apr 22, 2016
a brief story of what happen,

the laptop runs into a windows update and suddenly shut down, after booting it up again it shows blue screen of death. and after every troubleshooting I've done, it's not booting up at all,

my plan is removing the external hard drive from it and connecting it externally to my desktop then formatting it, My question is If i put it back to my laptop, would i able to install windows 10 fresh on it again or it wont work anymore due to that blue screen of death?

please help

There are better ways before that.

Using a USB stick setup with the win 10 installer (from MS), try to repair first.
If not then try to install from the installer and it can wipe the drive as a part of that process. Be aware that ALL data will be lost on the drive.

galaxymark1994

Honorable
Apr 22, 2016
There are better ways before that.

Using a USB stick setup with the win 10 installer (from MS), try to repair first.
If not then try to install from the installer and it can wipe the drive as a part of that process. Be aware that ALL data will be lost on the drive.

my problem is the laptop itself is not letting me check folders or anything anymore, it will still boot where you can see the homescreen but not the apps even the taskbar.

In a "normal" machine u should be able to boot into BIOS. If you are unable, is quite possible u absentmindedly turned on the Quick Boot feature (hell ya everybody want a quick boot) except in this situation is an hassle. Consult Mobo's manual how to turn that off.

Once u can boot into BIOS, u will be able to boot into USB, and a clean install will give u the option to start HD from clean, no need to go through all that external hassle.