[SOLVED] formatting my drive and re-installing windows

DudeIT

Reputable
Jun 23, 2019
I am trying to reformat my hdd and switch to a ssd. Is their any way I can just remove my hdd, install windows on my ssd and then put back hdd on another sata connection and format the hdd after?

this being kinda having a backbone incase something goes wrong like my windows installer not work from my usb or something.

if I can't do that, do I just reset by going, settings > recovery > restart this pc > remove everything > remove files and clean drive > reset

does that make it completely wiped off my hdd and not have to install windows again and I can just install my ssd with windows?

idk why this seems more complicated to me but I googled it and it said windows 10 is easier than ever to format but it only seems like it resets it.. and doesnt clear it completely

Solution
I am trying to reformat my hdd and switch to a ssd. Is their any way I can just remove my hdd, install windows on my ssd and then put back hdd on another sata connection and format the hdd after?
Yes. That's exactly, how you do it.

Yes. That's exactly, how you do it.

Solution