Former Acer CEO Hired By Lenovo As Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
[citation][nom]aftcomet[/nom]Interesting. You'd think he'd have signed something that prevents him from working for a competitor.[/citation]
Perhaps he signed something that prevents him from working in the same position for your competitor. Hence he's not a consultant since he's not there for the post of CEO. Then again, he was CEO. He probably got away by not signing.

Yup, he would have the NDA's all signed up , but, this is not Apple right. Between Acer and Lenovo, I really doubt there will be any halabaloo over this chap. None of these companies are as paranoid as Apple and HP.

G

This is great news for Medion! I have used several of their products, nad have never had a single problem with them! I have also got several customers with Medion Computers, which have never gone wrong( Unlike ht e Dells I have repaired for them)

Lenovo are seriously becoming my NO 1 choice for decent hardworking quality!

And finally, if you are near a Lidl, get in there and see if they have any Medion 8GB usb Flash Drives, costs £8 and runs well over 30MB/s whilst being completely housed by sleek aluminum housing, very nice!

seezur

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
[citation][nom]alyoshka[/nom]Yup, he would have the NDA's all signed up , but, this is not Apple right. Between Acer and Lenovo, I really doubt there will be any halabaloo over this chap. None of these companies are as paranoid as Apple and HP.[/citation]

Yeah, Non-compete and NDA's only go so far, they would have to prove somehow that his unique knowledge of Acer's inner-workings would be put to use at Lenovo, and since he is only being listed as a consultant for a particular deal, which its a stretch.

Besides the guys that operate at this level are only concerned with numbers, not technology so he most likely knows nothing of experimental products Acer has anyway (technical knowledge that is, I'm sure he knew the names and what the product cost to produce).

Status
Not open for further replies.