Former Apple CEO Speaks on Cheaper iPhone's Importance

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
I don't think Mercedes is going to be selling budget cars anytime soon...

Though the question is, how much does Mercedes rip off their customers like Apple?

wolley74

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
it'll be weaker then any other $200 smartphone on the market, but hey for those who want to join the shee- i mean club can get in on it for 1/3rd the price

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
I thought iphones were always cheap.

The one and only way I could see myself buying an iphone is if it has all of the following features.
FLAC support.
Highest quality music/audio components.
Card reader, or two.
Lets me install Android, windows phone or keep iOS.

Job's reaction :pfff:
Cook's reaction :non:

soundping

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I think apple will lose money on these lower priced phones. The low to medium end market is already fully saturated with phones already.

stevelord

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Andridiots are out in full swing again!

How has the whole "it has no flash support, can't remove battery, cant put in an SD card and can't support some file format that only enthusiasts use" argument been working for ya over the years?

Hpnotiq

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2006
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]I don't think Mercedes is going to be selling budget cars anytime soon...Though the question is, how much does Mercedes rip off their customers like Apple?[/citation]
Like Apple, Mercedes has not been a top class car for quite some time. They're status symbols, for frankly, idiots.

Pretentious, clueless idiots drive their cars and sport an iPhone to boot.

fatdoi

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
if apple going down that path then they'll need to stand losing large group of clientele as those money spending identity searching fanboi group don't want to be associated with the group of 'el cheapo' that barely can afford a cheaper version of the brand they lined up for days and paid premium for..... that will make them very 'uncool'..... it's not about open or closed ecosystem, screen resolution, quad core or 8 core.... it's about the fruit logo behind their phone that makes them 'superior' to others.... a mark of being 'different'

tanjo

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
A lot of iSheeps in India (or artist/creative wannabes in other countries) will get mad. iCrap is a status symbol for them.

Donsai

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]teknic111[/nom]John Sculley's lack of vision is what destroyed Apple in the 90s. His advice should be taken with a grain of salt.[/citation]
I couldn't agree more. When I saw this article I wondered why anyone, anywhere is still listening to this assclown. Whether you like Apple or not, Sculley is one of the most useless executives the world has seen in a long time.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
[citation][nom]flyflinger[/nom]I don't get it. There's plenty of cheap iPhones. I just got a 4S for $49.... shrug.[/citation]

Overseas people have to buy their smartphones at retail, not with the service provider's considerable discount.

Non-Euclidean

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
[citation][nom]stevelord[/nom]Andridiots are out in full swing again!How has the whole "it has no flash support, can't remove battery, cant put in an SD card and can't support some file format that only enthusiasts use" argument been working for ya over the years?[/citation]

Along with other things, very well when you look at market share trends.
Your vaunted, overpriced iPhone is looking like a Mig-21 being left behind by an F-16 at full burner. Sooner or later the (declining) masses of iSheep are going to insist on a phone that isn't state of yesterdays art.

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]I don't think Mercedes is going to be selling budget cars anytime soon...Though the question is, how much does Mercedes rip off their customers like Apple?[/citation]

Sure they do, a series, remember the c hatchback, Mercedes sells a wide variety of cars.

john_e

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Former Apple CEO John Sculley???? Oh yeah the guy from Pepsi Co, that Steve Jobs brought on board to Apple who then betrayed Steve Jobs and had him fired from his own company. The guy who almost bankrupted Apple.

Yeah I would say his advice is worthless even though I am not a fan or bought any Apple products. Guys like Scully should shutup cause am sure his track record is no where near as good as Jobs.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008

If you ever owned a Mercedes you'd know there is nothing 'rip off' about their cars.
They are expensive, true... but worth every penny.

(The 190 Series does not count...).

G

they need come out with a lower priced macbook, windows 8 is crap and i would take os x over it any day, windows 7 is a different matter but new products wont see 7 *sigh*, they could make some real ground on the low end front. sandy bridge pentium is more than enough to run os x, its noticeably faster than most c2d notebooks which ran it a few years ago, with haswell around the corner a low end computers are getting less and less low end with faster processors, just dont expect to play games. reduce the ipad mini into the $200 range

Status
Not open for further replies.