Question Formula to SUM amount in any format

Status
Not open for further replies.

giovanni9720

Prominent
Sep 16, 2022
FORMULA TO SUM AMOUNT IN ANY FORMAT
in the column "AMOUNT" OF THE FILE https:///docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Sh86J7ChtibaRpNHugURH4ybBBZlXDDpR9np0IQfOd9w/edit?fbclid=IwAR0qTKQ30P6tJuq7ux7uxO11UcSt88qPhG7Wkic2Uc77fNcY1x7x2fcyJgNgid#=799112
in the sheet "daily"
I would like to sum up all the amounts I enter in column amount 2, regardless of their size,
but as you can see for example in cell e7 of the sheet "daily", when in the column amount there is a number written so '1.000.00 , the formula gives me error, which I can not solve, can you help me please? thanks a lot
To be more specific, the error me since the amount pasted in the column "amount 2" has the point to separate the thousands
but while we are there I would like a formula that is fine even if I had to enter an amount of the type '1.000.00
can you do? I hope to be explained, thank you very much

kanewolf

Titan
FORMULA TO SUM AMOUNT IN ANY FORMAT
in the column "AMOUNT" OF THE FILE https:///docs.google.com/spreadshee...cSt88qPhG7Wkic2Uc77fNcY1x7x2fcyJgNgid#=799112
in the sheet "daily"
I would like to sum up all the amounts I enter in column amount 2, regardless of their size,
but as you can see for example in cell e7 of the sheet "daily", when in the column amount there is a number written so '1.000.00 , the formula gives me error, which I can not solve, can you help me please? thanks a lot
To be more specific, the error me since the amount pasted in the column "amount 2" has the point to separate the thousands
but while we are there I would like a formula that is fine even if I had to enter an amount of the type '1.000.00
can you do? I hope to be explained, thank you very much
Since you have a leading quote, you are explicitly telling the software that value is a character string and not a number. Sum doesn't work with character strings.

giovanni9720

Prominent
Sep 16, 2022
i paste the amount like text becouse if i don't do it, all the amount like 1000.00 would be seen like time and not like amount
becouse google sheet see the dot like a time and not like an amount

giovanni9720

Prominent
Sep 16, 2022
i solve the problem with this formula
=arrayformula( ifs( VAL.VUOTO(L5:L); SE.ERRORE(1/0); VAL.NUMERO(L5:L); VALORE(L5:L); VAL.NUMERO(SE.ERRORE(VALORE(SOSTITUISCI(regexreplace(L5:L; "\.(\d\d)$"; ",$1"); "."; "")))); VALORE(SOSTITUISCI(regexreplace(L5:L; "\.(\d\d)$"; ",$1"); "."; "")); VERO; L5:L ) )

l5: l contains amount as text, so it can be 1000.00 or 1.000,00 or anything else
i hope i will help someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.