[SOLVED] Fornite FPS drops and stutters

Sep 18, 2021
Ryezn 3 2200G 4c/4t 3,5ghz
Rx 570 8GB
2x8gb 3000mhz
A320m hdv r3.0

I have a lot of fps drops and BIG stutters in Fortnite right now.
Why is this possible? Maybe the 4/4 CPU is weak already?
I have the latest AMD gpu driver.
Any ideas? :/

Solution
Why is this possible?
Fortnite is Insanely Unoptimized (especially after Chapter 1 ended, and they added Next-gen graphics, it just got worse!), not totally your PCs fault...

things to do:
  1. Set It's priority to High, sometimes it doesn't utilize all cores
  2. if you're on 60hz monitor, or 120, Lock fps to your refresh rate (even if you don't use vsync), it seriously helps with stutters for some reason
  3. Turn off any post-processing effect, e.g sharpening (it helps a tiny bit), also set textures to high, lowering it can cause stutters in my experience
lastly, play around with Multithreaded rendering, for a 4c4t cpu it should help, but might also not, so try switching it, hope it helps, first one is what I've seen to...
Sep 18, 2021
i updated my bios to the latest version, i updated my amd gpu driver, game settings are on the lowest, sometimes discord runs with fortnite. That's all,no more.
This problem is about since 1-1,5 year, i can't find the solution

SomeGuyonTHW

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
Why is this possible?
Fortnite is Insanely Unoptimized (especially after Chapter 1 ended, and they added Next-gen graphics, it just got worse!), not totally your PCs fault...

things to do:
  1. Set It's priority to High, sometimes it doesn't utilize all cores
  2. if you're on 60hz monitor, or 120, Lock fps to your refresh rate (even if you don't use vsync), it seriously helps with stutters for some reason
  3. Turn off any post-processing effect, e.g sharpening (it helps a tiny bit), also set textures to high, lowering it can cause stutters in my experience
lastly, play around with Multithreaded rendering, for a 4c4t cpu it should help, but might also not, so try switching it, hope it helps, first one is what I've seen to help many people, Easy Anti cheat has recently Banned the ability to do so, but still possible via registry hacks, you can find a bunch of threads about this everywhere btw.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS