[SOLVED] Fortnite and Warzone crash on startup?

Jul 7, 2021
About 2 days ago my computer randomly crashed Fortnite while loading in, and it has done it ever since. Same happens to Warzone. But weirdly games like CS:GO, minecraft, Phasmophobia all work, and my GPU crushed unigine heaven. So im not sure if it is a computer problem or a software issue. I have tried DDU, messing with game files. Any suggestions?

Note: I have had issues with this GPU in the past with random artifacts appearing on screen and game crashing, however this went away on its own, and i want to troubleshoot as much as i can before i return the card because i sort of need it right now.

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MSI A520M vector wifi
32gb HyperX ram
Crucial p1 1tb nvme ssd
Gigabyte gaming OC RTX 2070 super
Corsair CX650M

Solution
About 2 days ago my computer randomly crashed Fortnite while loading in, and it has done it ever since. Same happens to Warzone. But weirdly games like CS:GO, minecraft, Phasmophobia all work, and my GPU crushed unigine heaven. So im not sure if it is a computer problem or a software issue. I have tried DDU, messing with game files. Any suggestions?

Note: I have had issues with this GPU in the past with random artifacts appearing on screen and game crashing, however this went away on its own, and i want to troubleshoot as much as i can before i return the card because i sort of need it right now.

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MSI A520M vector wifi
32gb HyperX ram
Crucial p1 1tb nvme ssd
Corsair CX650M...

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
MSI A520M vector wifi
32gb HyperX ram
Crucial p1 1tb nvme ssd
Corsair CX650M
Try these:
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.
    *do this all offline until reboot after installing amd chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and manual tune the timing if you want), make sure your ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any. Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png

Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Last edited:
Solution
Jul 7, 2021
I have had my pc since about march this year, so pretty recently. A few days ago out of nowhere, games started crashing like Fortnite, Warzone. Both games crash almost as soon as you start them up. However some games do run, for example CS:GO, Minecraft and horror games such as phasmophobia. I have had issues with this GPU in the past like random artifacts appearing on the screen, but these went away by themselves after about a week. I have tried factory resetting pc, using DDU, Starting games as administrator, changing power plan settings, almost everything i can think of. PLEASE HELP!!

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 + Stock cooler
MSI A520M Vector Wifi
32gb Hyperx ram
1tb crucial p1 nvme ssd
Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2070 super
Corsair CX650M

Thanks in advance :)