Question Fortnite/Apex Crashes [CPU Related?]

Dec 1, 2020
Hi there,

So I'm having constant Fortnite crashes, as well as Apex Legends (which has led me to suspect there is an issue with EasyAnticheat which they both use.) Anyway, I've read up on loads of threads and videos which all recommend the same things, and as many others have experienced - none of them work for me.

I really want to attend the end-of-season event, which you have to be in-game on Fortnite for an hour before the event starts (tonight), and feel that my game is likely to crash and by the time I get back on, the servers will fill.

Its not as if my computer is an issue. I'm running a 750w Corsair Gold PSU, RTX 2070 Super (updated drivers), Aorus X570 MOBO (updated BIOS yesterday), 2x8gb Corsair LPX 3600RAM, and a Ryzen 9 3900x CPU. The PC is well cooled (as far as my knowledge goes).

Here's the kicker. I recently changed to this CPU from having a Ryzen 5 3600 in there, and the issues only started when I changed the CPU out. I have no idea why this would be the case, but yeh, the game worked brilliantly with my old CPU. So, anyone know of anything I could try?

The error message that displays for Fortnite is literally "The application has crashed and will now close. We apologise for the inconvenience."

I'd like to stress that I've repaired the game files, repaired EasyAnticheat and BattleEye, have Windows fully up-to-date, have up-to-date drivers and BIOS, have tried running the game with lower resolution and in windowed-fullscreen, have meddled with the settings on GeForce Experience to optimise them, have tried with and without GeForce Experience..

Again, my specs:

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
RAM: 2x8GB Corsair LPX Vengeance 3600mhz
PSU: 750w Gold Corsair
MOBO: Aorus X570

Any help is hugely appreciated.
Thanks.

EDIT: I've turned my XMP profile OFF, which means my 3600mhz RAM is now running at 2666mhz, but this seems to have worked for the fortnite issue; however, I need my RAM to run at full speed for the work I do on Premiere on my PC. Anyone know how I can get my RAM up to max speed whilst still being able to play games smoothly? Remember I have a Ryzen 9 3900x, so the RAM surely shouldn't have an issue! Thanks so much!

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS