Fortnite Budget PC

Jul 14, 2018
Hey guys.

I have a desktop PC these are the specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 @3.10Ghz + 3.40Ghz Turbo Boost

8GB DDR3 RAM

Radeon HD 5450 512Mb GPU.

I know please dont hownd me on the GPU i know its not great but can this system run fortnite?

Graphics arent a main concern i only really want to be able to play at 1080p i dont mind if the rest of the graphics settings are low but in 1080p on lowest settings could i achieve a smooth experiance? I know the HD5450 isnt so great for gaming but i can run games like Company of heroes quite well at 1080p on medium settings with a few settings at high aswell and considering how well optimized fortnite is i assume i should be ok?

Not sure if it helps but the fortnite install is currently downloading to a SSD drive so loading times should be ok i guess

Solution
Well it's a free game so it wouldn't hurt to try. Your GPU is gonna be a HUGE hold back. I can promise you that it won't stay at a constant 60fps even at a resolution of 480p. I've played low-spec fortnite at 360p 30fps and let me just tell you, that it is immensely unplayable.

Pavkata882

Reputable
May 19, 2016
Your cpu can handle it but as you said, the gpu will be a pain in the a**. You should just go ahead and try the game. Nothing to lose. Though, SSD isnt a thing to affect game performance, will just improve loading time.

Tigerwarrior1

Reputable
Jul 8, 2017
Well it's a free game so it wouldn't hurt to try. Your GPU is gonna be a HUGE hold back. I can promise you that it won't stay at a constant 60fps even at a resolution of 480p. I've played low-spec fortnite at 360p 30fps and let me just tell you, that it is immensely unplayable.

Solution