Specs
Msi z170a Gaming M5
Intel I core 6600 non k 3.30
Msi Gtx 1050 2gb Gaming X
2x8gb ddr4 2400 Ram probably Corsair
750w power supply
OC 67hz dell monitor

I am having big fps drops when playing
Fortnite. When I land in the map textures haven’t loaded yet and sometime my guns don’t load in my inventory. I also get mouse input lag tha gets fixed in the middle of the game.

Normaly I can play fortnite with 144 FPS stable but I can’t know cause all this problems appear same with unlimited.

But, when I lock my fps to 60 I get no mouse input lag and textures load but I steel get some minor frame drops.

Things that fixed my mouse lag were timer resolution, Disabling from the bios C states and EIST. I also enable XMP.
Also In the nvidia profile inspector I changed the FPS limiter mod to something tha ended with maxwell I thing the 0000010 something like that

I have re installed fortnite 3 times and I also run DDU and did a clean installation of my gpu drivers.

My nvidia control panel settings are based in performance and low latency mode is off
And v sync is also disabled and pre render frames set to 1.

Keep in mind I only have this issues in fortnite.

I would really like someone’s help so I can play fortnite smoothly again.

edit:
I also forgot to mention tha when I launch the game it takes about a minute to load
And this happens only with fortnite

I have an ssd for my games (860 EVO 1tb)
And a SandDisk 250gb for my windows and drivers.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2020
I am having the exact same problem. I have an i5 3670 @4.1ghz 4x4 gb ddr3 1600mhz 1660 super, and I thought that it was my ssd fault. I have a wd blue 500gb ssd and was thinking of buying a new Samsung pro ssd for my games. Thank God I saw that even then, I will have the same problems. atm I am thinking of formatting and fresh installing windows. the stranger thing is that as I can't see the weapons icons! and of course sometimes the textures are a mess, after a while they load, all good. I am afraid there is something wrong with their anticheat programs, they are buggy and responsible for all the problems

Apr 7, 2020
it seems that's all we need. most of the guides are useless. 1st reinstall the game. if that doesn't work format and leave everything to default. my graphics now are amazing, before the graphics where s..t and the game was unplayable. kali diaskedasi file

May 3, 2020
it seems that's all we need. most of the guides are useless. 1st reinstall the game. if that doesn't work format and leave everything to default. my graphics now are amazing, before the graphics where s..t and the game was unplayable. kali diaskedasi file
Please tell me how you fixed it step by step im having the exact same problem

May 12, 2020
Believe me this is not a hardware issue or a issue with windows doing these things in the game files most likely wont fix it. I have had 3 pc's do this to me before. The sad thing is only way I have ever fixed it is by reinstalling everything on your pc and on one pc that didn't even work. The thing is it is because the fortnite developers rush out updates so often they aren't tested well enough leading to lots of people having these problems. Sometimes I have not played the game for weeks and when I come back to it it works perfectly as if nothing had happened. Wait for the next update and prey it fixes it.

Jul 19, 2020
same thing was happening to me, turned on AntiLag and Enhanced Sync in AMD Adrenaline.. hope it helps... also, try different direct x ver and windowed full screen.. lmk if it helps