Let's start with my PC specs:

GPU: 1070TI
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700
Motherboard: ASROCK B450 Pro4
RAM: G.SKILL DDR4 2 x 8GB 3000Mhz
PSU: Antec HCG 520 WATT
SSD: Crucial MX 500
144hz monitor

Recently i have been experiencing a lot of FPS drops. For the fortnite players among us around the time of Stark Industries update. Before that it was fine i played on an older windows version and with older nvidia drivers because of FPS problems before. However, i updated Windows (windows 10 2004 update or something) and could not go back because my restore point dissappeared.

Now windows and my nivdia gpu drivers are up to date. But i have massive FPS drops and i do not know what the problem is. According to HW info:
Picture with FPS in game over time: View: https://imgur.com/a/DWVdgR8
(i capped the fps in fortnite on 160)
  • GPU load is max 72%
  • CPU load is max 44% (Single core 89.7 is the highest peak)
Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be? I have absolutely no idea and it is very frustrating...

Sep 27, 2020
I had your same issue,i solved by uncapping fps,i have r5 3600 and gtx 1660ti so i run normally capped at 165 and it was dropping like 70-80 fps,so i uncapped and i'm getting like 250 with a minimum of 150-170,it still drops,so the problem is not solved 100% but is just to be on higher fps than my monitor refreshrate,i think that could be an issue caused by latest windows patch,yesterday i installed it and i found this problem,but i haven't opened fortnite for like 2 months,so i don't know what the real issue could be,try to set to unlimeted,maybe it will work for you too.

Sep 26, 2020
Unfortunately this does not work for me. Still getting big fps drops en cant even get to more then 180fps.

btw my settings are almost all on low.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS