Question Fortnite freezes my pc

Jan 30, 2019
I am having trouble playing fortnite.It keeps freezing my pc either when Im in a game or just waiting in the lobby and not playing the game at all. This happens about 30min or less after I start the game I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and many other things but nothing seems to be working. Other games like overwatch and apex work just fine please help

My rig
> CASE - NZXT H700i (Black)
> CPU COOLING - Kraken x62
> FAN - NZXT Aer RGB 2 120mm Fan (RGB)
> MOTHERBOARD - MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC
> GPU(GRAPHICS) - MSI GEFORCE RTX™ 2070 ARMOR
> CPU - Intel Core i7-9700K 8-Core 3.6 GHz
> POWER SUPPLY - Seasonic Focus Plus 650W Gold
> RAM - G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200 MHz
> SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
> EXTRA - NZXT USB Expansion
> EXTRA - NZXT HUE 2 RGB LIGHTING KIT
> SERVICES - Standard

Lutfij

Titan
I think the issue is with the Fortnite, itself if the issue is compounded on that game itself. On a side note, which version of the OS are you on? Your specs check out alright and I can only think of suggesting a BIOS update(if there is any pending for your motherboard). Did you take note of your temps when you end up with a frozen machine?

Jan 30, 2019
I think the issue is with the Fortnite, itself if the issue is compounded on that game itself. On a side note, which version of the OS are you on? Your specs check out alright and I can only think of suggesting a BIOS update(if there is any pending for your motherboard). Did you take note of your temps when you end up with a frozen machine?
Here is what pending of my motherboard update the (intel chipset drivers) but when I click install it says it gets installed,but when I scan for updates it pops up again .https://drive.google.com/file/d/10sRABQO99hFdTBPJvvbC90gdP1RMZbwZ/view
And for my temps these are some of the ones I recorded
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15iWL36Hfyc8udQrQoqRKtxJHlUuWUx0R/view
My OS version is Windows 10 64-bit
Thank you for responding

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019
Also If it helps you to know that when my computer freezes and I turn my monitor off and back on again while the PC is frozen instead of having the last frame it froze on, the screen is just black

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS