Question Fortnite freezes my pc

Jan 30, 2019
I am having trouble playing fortnite.It keeps freezing my pc either when Im in a game or just waiting in the lobby and not playing the game at all. This happens about 30min or less after I start the game I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and many other things but nothing seems to be working. Other games like overwatch and apex work just fine please help

My rig
> CASE - NZXT H700i (Black)
> CPU COOLING - Kraken x62
> FAN - NZXT Aer RGB 2 120mm Fan (RGB)
> MOTHERBOARD - MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON AC
> GPU(GRAPHICS) - MSI GEFORCE RTX™ 2070 ARMOR
> CPU - Intel Core i7-9700K 8-Core 3.6 GHz
> POWER SUPPLY - Seasonic Focus Plus 650W Gold
> RAM - G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3200 MHz
> SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
> EXTRA - NZXT USB Expansion
> EXTRA - NZXT HUE 2 RGB LIGHTING KIT
> SERVICES - Standard

Lutfij

Titan
I think the issue is with the Fortnite, itself if the issue is compounded on that game itself. On a side note, which version of the OS are you on? Your specs check out alright and I can only think of suggesting a BIOS update(if there is any pending for your motherboard). Did you take note of your temps when you end up with a frozen machine?

Jan 30, 2019
I think the issue is with the Fortnite, itself if the issue is compounded on that game itself. On a side note, which version of the OS are you on? Your specs check out alright and I can only think of suggesting a BIOS update(if there is any pending for your motherboard). Did you take note of your temps when you end up with a frozen machine?

Here is what pending of my motherboard update the (intel chipset drivers) but when I click install it says it gets installed,but when I scan for updates it pops up again .https://drive.google.com/file/d/10sRABQO99hFdTBPJvvbC90gdP1RMZbwZ/view
And for my temps these are some of the ones I recorded
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15iWL36Hfyc8udQrQoqRKtxJHlUuWUx0R/view
My OS version is Windows 10 64-bit
Thank you for responding

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019
Also If it helps you to know that when my computer freezes and I turn my monitor off and back on again while the PC is frozen instead of having the last frame it froze on, the screen is just black