Question Fortnite high ping problem

Apr 1, 2020
Hi, I need help with something fortnite related. Whenever I play a public match my ping shoots up to 500 when I'm fighting or near many players. My internet speed is decent so I don't think that's problem (40mbps download, 10mbps upload). I have reinstalled the game fully but it hasn't fixed it.

My PC specs are;
AMD A10-7890k Radeon R7, 12 compute Cores 4C+8G 4.10 GHZ
16gb ram DDR3 @ 1600 mhz
GTX 750TI

devilfox

Reputable
Oct 15, 2016
I think it most likely is your internet that is at fault. Check if more than one device in your household is using the internet at the same time as your gaming. The more devices using internet in the house can result in a higher ping.

You could download a second game to check what ping you get on that game. I suggest Mount and Blade: Warband. It's free-to-play and will show you your ping in-game.

Also, make sure you are paired with players in your region. If you were in Australia and tried to play with US players, you would experience a higher ping because of the distance.

And please check your actual download and upload speed via https://www.speedtest.net/

Fortnite needs a minimum of 3mbps download speed

Apr 1, 2020
I think it most likely is your internet that is at fault. Check if more than one device in your household is using the internet at the same time as your gaming. The more devices using internet in the house can result in a higher ping.

You could download a second game to check what ping you get on that game. I suggest Mount and Blade: Warband. It's free-to-play and will show you your ping in-game.

Also, make sure you are paired with players in your region. If you were in Australia and tried to play with US players, you would experience a higher ping because of the distance.

And please check your actual download and upload speed via https://www.speedtest.net/

Fortnite needs a minimum of 3mbps download speed

my actual download speed is 38mbs and upload is 8 mbps. Ive went to different games and the ping is fine there. My ping also gets better in fortnite when i close discord. I think it's with the new physics system.