Andreas8660

Prominent
Jul 19, 2019
i thought about going with dual gtx 550 ti in sli, but does fortnite and minecraft like sli, i know some games dosent like sli so i would not do it if it didnt,

pc specs processor: i7 3770k 4.467 ghz, ram: 10 gb noname brand, gpu: one 550 ti, cooling be quiet pure rock slim, case, pre-build medion case, power supply: Corsair tx650 w enthusiast, motherbord: asrock z77 extreme 4, ssd: pny 120 gb, hdd:500 gb western digital, case fans one pure wings 2 120 mm and 2 noname fans.

yes i know how to build a pc i am pretty good at it.

<RickRoll deleted>

Solution
The 550 ti is much better then the iGPU on the 3770K and will play Fortnite around 60 FPS on 1080P mix of Low to Medium settings. With your budget I would just use the single 550 ti and then continue saving for something better. If you don't have much disposable income then consider a used GPU, just try to make sure it hasn't been mined with and if possible still retains some sort of warranty. While the 550 ti is an older GPU it should allow you to play Minecraft/Fortnite with reasonable settings at 60 FPS.

WildCard999

Titan
Fortnite doesn't support SLI, at least not on older GPU's. Made a build for my friends kit that has two EVGA GTX 550 ti 2gb's and one of the games they play is Fortnite so I tested out if SLI works and only one of the GPU's was utilized. This was with the newest drivers and SLI enabled.

Andreas8660

Prominent
Jul 19, 2019
Even a low end card like the GTX 1650 Super will blow a 550ti SLI out of the water in performance.
i know it was beacuse i colud get a 550 ti fo around 25 kr and a new 1650 super costs about 1699 kr so there is a big diffrence
and i only play fortnite and minecraft so i dont need super great gpu´s 1$=6,78 kr and i am pretty poor with about 200 kr
but i thought about saving for a 1660 super thanks for the help
but will it run minecraft in sli

DSzymborski

Titan
i know it was beacuse i colud get a 550 ti fo around 25 kr and a new 1650 super costs about 1699 kr so there is a big diffrence
and i only play fortnite and minecraft so i dont need super great gpu´s 1$=6,78 kr and i am pretty poor with about 200 kr
but i thought about saving for a 1660 super thanks for the help
but will it run minecraft in sli

Minecraft has the same problem running with SLI/Crossfire.

Better to save up. You may, in fact, be able to find a 550 Ti for 25 kroner, but realistically, it's worth 0 kroner to you.

WildCard999

Titan
The 550 ti is much better then the iGPU on the 3770K and will play Fortnite around 60 FPS on 1080P mix of Low to Medium settings. With your budget I would just use the single 550 ti and then continue saving for something better. If you don't have much disposable income then consider a used GPU, just try to make sure it hasn't been mined with and if possible still retains some sort of warranty. While the 550 ti is an older GPU it should allow you to play Minecraft/Fortnite with reasonable settings at 60 FPS.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS