Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2020
Hello everyone.I have a problem.Fortnite is not smooth when fps is stable 240.
My PC
I7 9700k
RTX 2070
2x8 Ballistix Sport LT 3200
Gigabyte z390 UD
SSD Kingston 3D 240GB
Monitor 240 HZ ALIENWARE AW2518HF
I TRIED
-reinstall windows 100 times
-change gpu to 1060
-use vsync/gsync and cap 237
-change ram
-change motherboard
-install game on HDD
-off HDD
-DDU uninstaller
-20 version nvidia drivers
-change monitor from 144 to 240
-overclocking
-optimize windows
I will be happy if someone help me there.
So i think problem is in -SSD maybe it bugged but as i said i tried to play on hdd but maybe windows bugged and maybe problem in my power supply chieftec 750w and before this power supply i had chieftec too maybe chieftec is bad?
CPU but i think its impossible.
So if someone will help me i will pay you.
If someone knew what is fortnite - in creative its a little bit smooth but in game (arena) when i start building my picture is so bad) help!

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
Hello everyone.I have a problem.Fortnite is not smooth when fps is stable 240.
My PC
I7 9700k
RTX 2070
2x8 Ballistix Sport LT 3200
Gigabyte z390 UD
SSD Kingston 3D 240GB
Monitor 240 HZ ALIENWARE AW2518HF
I TRIED
-reinstall windows 100 times
-change gpu to 1060
-use vsync/gsync and cap 237
-change ram
-change motherboard
-install game on HDD
-off HDD
-DDU uninstaller
-20 version nvidia drivers
-change monitor from 144 to 240
-overclocking
-optimize windows
I will be happy if someone help me there.
So i think problem is in -SSD maybe it bugged but as i said i tried to play on hdd but maybe windows bugged and maybe problem in my power supply chieftec 750w and before this power supply i had chieftec too maybe chieftec is bad?
CPU but i think its impossible.
So if someone will help me i will pay you.
If someone knew what is fortnite - in creative its a little bit smooth but in game (arena) when i start building my picture is so bad) help!
Umm... More information? What do you mean by “not smooth”, frame drops, lag, loading times are long? It’s probable not a problem if you using an SSD or HDD if you don’t have a problem with loading times or noise.

Apr 4, 2020
Umm... More information? What do you mean by “not smooth”, frame drops, lag, loading times are long? It’s probable not a problem if you using an SSD or HDD if you don’t have a problem with loading times or noise.
Like my hz is not 240 its like 120 or less.No frame drops , loading times are normal.I switched ram motherboard gpu and problem maybe in ssd or power supply or cpu but idk

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
Like my hz is not 240 its like 120 or less.No frame drops , loading times are normal.I switched ram motherboard gpu and problem maybe in ssd or power supply or cpu but idk
So your monitor isn’t high enough hertz for you? I don’t understand... Your problem is that your monitor isn’t 240hz? Just buy one that is...

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
Hold on, so your problem is
Like my hz is not 240 its like 120 or less.
So rephrasing: Your problem is that your monitor is less than 120 Hz, and you want it to be 240? You actually cannot change your monitors refresh rate, so looking at the wording your using, I don't know if I'm just confused, or you're getting your terms messed up, let me refresh you:

A hertz (Hz) is how often your monitor refreshes every second, 60 is the baseline, but some monitors go up to 120, 144, 240, or 360.

Framerate (Fps) is how many frames your pc is rendering, the higher the number, the more frames per second is being rendered. Your framerate varies depending on mainly your CPU and Graphics card.

So you could say your Fps is how many frames your pc is rendering, and your monitors Hz is how many it can display.

Idk where your getting SSD, HDD, and power supply from, they almost have no effect on either of them.

Now once again, what's your problem?

Apr 4, 2020
Hold on, so your problem is

So rephrasing: Your problem is that your monitor is less than 120 Hz, and you want it to be 240? You actually cannot change your monitors refresh rate, so looking at the wording your using, I don't know if I'm just confused, or you're getting your terms messed up, let me refresh you:

A hertz (Hz) is how often your monitor refreshes every second, 60 is the baseline, but some monitors go up to 120, 144, 240, or 360.

Framerate (Fps) is how many frames your pc is rendering, the higher the number, the more frames per second is being rendered. Your framerate varies depending on mainly your CPU and Graphics card.

So you could say your Fps is how many frames your pc is rendering, and your monitors Hz is how many it can display.

Idk where your getting SSD, HDD, and power supply from, they almost have no effect on either of them.

Now once again, what's your problem?
Once again my fps is 240 hz is 240 but its not 240 its like less not even 120
View: https://amp.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/d7c5gb/fortnite_not_smooth/

Apr 4, 2020
Have you tried a different cable?

I had a somewhat similar issue were the FPS was steady however the gameplay seemed to stutter. I swapped the HDMI that came with the monitor with a DisplayPort cable and that fixed the stutter.
i tried brand new with monitor was hdmi 2.0 after week i bought display port

Apr 4, 2020
I don't understand, A second ago you just said

But earlier you said

Your contradicting yourself, and it's hard for me to help if you don't give me reliable information.
I dont understand you are you really kidding?Of course my hz is 240 and fps is 240 too BUT game feels like a 120 hz or less on stable FPS

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
I dont understand you are you really kidding?Of course my hz is 240 and fps is 240 too BUT game feels like a 120 hz or less on stable FPS
There we go, That's all you had to say. I assume you had a reliable way to measure the framerate, so maybe check to see if your monitor is set to 240 Hz. Go to settings > System > Advanced Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties > Monitor. And on the dropdown menu does it say 240 Hz? If not then change it and click apply.

Apr 4, 2020
There we go, That's all you had to say. I assume you had a reliable way to measure the framerate, so maybe check to see if your monitor is set to 240 Hz. Go to settings > System > Advanced Display Settings > Display Adapter Properties > Monitor. And on the dropdown menu does it say 240 Hz? If not then change it and click apply.
Im not stupid:) my hz is 240 in settings

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
Im not stupid:) my hz is 240 in settings
What resolution is your monitor? As the other guy said, you might need a DisplayPort, like 1.4. Are you sure there's a difference? Most people can't tell the difference between 144hz and 240, switch it to 120hz and see if there's a difference. Also, if you have Vsync enabled turn it off, Vsync caps it at 60 Fps. If it's not super-smooth, do you have a G-Sync monitor, that could avoid screen tearing which might be it.

Apr 4, 2020
What resolution is your monitor? As the other guy said, you might need a DisplayPort, like 1.4. Are you sure there's a difference? Most people can't tell the difference between 144hz and 240, switch it to 120hz and see if there's a difference. Also, if you have Vsync enabled turn it off, Vsync caps it at 60 Fps. If it's not super-smooth, do you have a G-Sync monitor, that could avoid screen tearing which might be it.
1920px1080
I see difference between 144 and 240 . And now i can say that my game feels like its not 240.
Vsync is off
I have display port

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
1920px1080
I see difference between 144 and 240 . And now i can say that my game feels like its not 240.
Vsync is off
I have display port
Sorry I didn’t see that response. I got notified when someone else commented:
Same problem bro:cautious:, if you got the solution gotta tell me im going nuts!!
For you Paf100, if your having the same problem, try the solutions above, if it doesn’t work then I’m going to continue:
Vsync is off
I have display port
Do you know what kind of DisplayPort you have? I don’t believe earlier versions support 240hz, and do you have a G-sync or Freesync monitor (and is it on?) and a compatible graphics card? Screen tearing could be an issue.

paf100

Prominent
Jul 15, 2020
If you want you can go to my profile and see my issue, its easier and if you know anything that could help i woulb be very gratefull. PS: I know that my pc is at 144 hz.

Status
Not open for further replies.