Fortnite low fps in fights

elmu.yv

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017
Hi! ive been having this issue in fortnite when my fps in normal (over 200) but in fights it drops to like 60 and stutters

-specs
asus gtx 1060 6gb
i5 4440 3.10Ghz
16gb ram
asus h81m-e (motherboard)
chieftec 600w psu
Benq 144hz monitor

-temps
cpu 30-40c idle (50-60 ingame)
gpu 40-50c idle (60-70ingame)

things ive tried:
-max performance option in nvidia and windows
-updating bios
-completely reinstalling Windows and updating all drivers
-setting cpu minimum and maximum to 100%
-putting everything on low ingame and lowering resolution
-defraging hard drive
thats everyting i can think of
ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED and sorry for my english!

elmu.yv

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017

hi! thanks for the answer. i have also heard the same that my psu is crappy so ive been looking for a better one and i was thinking about buying a seasonic 650w Focus+ do you think thats good enough?

elmu.yv

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017

hi! thanks for the answer. i dont have a problem in any other game so i dont think cpu performance is the issue

matthew4mckeever

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016

That Seasonic one should be fine, probably - http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=524

Although if you care about price, there are probably other units that are just as good and trustworthy for cheaper.
Just look on JohnnyGuru for PSU reviews and if it has good ratings you know it should be decent enough.
Also, 750w is pretty overkill for your system.

elmu.yv

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017

I bought the 650w i dont know if its too much but im probably going to upgrade other components too. i will install it tomorrow

elmu.yv

Prominent
Oct 8, 2017

ok so i installed the new psu and literally nothing changed. i guess my cpu is just shit. kinda hard to belive that my pc can run new games that actually have realistic looking graphics on high settings but not fucking fortnite on low settings and lower resolution. i know my pc is not super high end but cmon...

matthew4mckeever

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016

I never mentioned that a new PSU would help with performance, I mean it's possible a crap PSU could if it can't supply stable power, but that may not have been the case with yours. I was just letting you know about the PSU that you had. As to the performance issues, I've got no idea. Although your PC seems to fit the recommended requirements for fortnite. Someone else will have to help you here.