[SOLVED] Fortnite low fps

Dec 16, 2019
Hello i am playing fortnite on competitive settings and i get around 60 fps with frame drops , in cities where a lot of players drop i have around 40 fps. In Season 7 i have been playing it on settings which i had since season 4 and those settings are:
View distance: Epic
Shadows:High
AA: High
Textures :Epic
Effects: High
Post procesing:High
I played it on 1360x768. I got around 70fps. But one day in Season 7 my friend told me to set settings to competitive. Since that day i get this horrible fps. How can i improve my fps.
Specs:
GTX 750 ti
Fx 6100
8gb ram
1360x768

Solution
i should be able to play at stable fps at competitive settings. But instead i get 40 fps at cities, how can i improve my fps?
Get a modern processor/motherboard/RAM that is actually capable of providing the performance you need. A potential GPU upgrade may be needed too.
The 6100 was a poor performer at launch, let alone 9 years later.
Hello i am playing fortnite on competitive settings and i get around 60 fps with frame drops , in cities where a lot of players drop i have around 40 fps. In Season 7 i have been playing it on settings which i had since season 4 and those settings are:
View distance: Epic
Shadows:High
AA: High
Textures :Epic
Effects: High
Post procesing:High
I played it on 1360x768. I got around 70fps. But one day in Season 7 my friend told me to set settings to competitive. Since that day i get this horrible fps. How can i improve my fps.
Specs:
GTX 750 ti
Fx 6100
8gb ram
1360x768

Have you tried any other settings and ran into any issues? Did you alter any settings out of Fortnite? Because the primary cause for your low fps is probably your 750ti. Try lower settings. If nothing changes it must be an issue with your ram/cpu. Most likely it is your gpu, it isn't that powerful especially with a fx6100.

geckovic02

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
Have you tried any other settings and ran into any issues? Did you alter any settings out of Fortnite? Because the primary cause for your low fps is probably your 750ti. Try lower settings. If nothing changes it must be an issue with your ram/cpu. Most likely it is your gpu, it isn't that powerful especially with a fx6100.

The 750ti shouldn't be a problem with competitive settings. I had a GTX660 wich ran the game with 120+ fps. Maybe the resolution is set much higher? Try lowering the 3D resolution bar to the left..

geckovic02

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
Are you sure? I had a 1050 with an fx6300 which was better than his setup and I struggled to get more then 40fps on fortnite on the lowest

Im slowly worring about that fx cpu. Definitely change to a newer platform.

Well I had a i7 3770 and a gtx 660 and could play at medium settings @ 1080p with 65-75fps

Competitive over 120

And everything on ultra was around 30-40