[SOLVED] Fortnite low frames on decent setup?

J2kMotion

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
Hey everyone! Im new here so excuse my format!

I have an i7 4770k CPU, GTX 1060 6b GPU, 16GB DDR3 Ram, and plenty of space on my hard drives. I am getting around 70FPS on fortnite on low settings with 50% screen resolution.

I also could just be mistaking my setup as a good one, maybe I need an upgrade? I'm not sure. I have been scouring the internet and I have already set everything on high performance in my window settings and I have maximized performance on the GeForce Experience. I would really like to have a decent looking game along with at least 60 frames.

Should I give a go at overclocking my cpu and gpu?

Any help would be great! Also if you need any info just let me know!

- Jxsh

Fortnite settings
PC Settings

Last edited:
Solution
If fps DOES NOT CHANGE when you turn graphics settings down, that usually indicates a cpu bottleneck - but a 4770k should run fine on Fortnite, being one of those games that runs smoother with a multi-thread cpu.
Something else is probably using up cpu resources the game would need in order to run more smoothly. Check task manager while the game is running.
If you have something else running other than the necessities - Windows processes, the game & launcher, skype or w/e chat software you use, system monitoring software like Msi Afterburner.
If there's a program you're not sure about closing, a right-click > Properties, should reveal more.

Running with 2x sticks of ram, right? Single stick would actually be a hindrance in any gaming...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You want at least 60fps, but say you're getting around 70? I'm not really seeing the problem?

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't 50% screen resolution kinda redundant? What's the point of this?
Aren't you just throwing all the framework onto the 4770k by doing so?

J2kMotion

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
You want at least 60fps, but say you're getting around 70? I'm not really seeing the problem?

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't 50% screen resolution kinda redundant? What's the point of this?
Aren't you just throwing all the framework onto the 4770k by doing so?
Sorry, I'm getting 70fps only when i make my graphics super low. If I try to push it more I just dont get smooth gameplay at around 30-45fps

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
If fps DOES NOT CHANGE when you turn graphics settings down, that usually indicates a cpu bottleneck - but a 4770k should run fine on Fortnite, being one of those games that runs smoother with a multi-thread cpu.
Something else is probably using up cpu resources the game would need in order to run more smoothly. Check task manager while the game is running.
If you have something else running other than the necessities - Windows processes, the game & launcher, skype or w/e chat software you use, system monitoring software like Msi Afterburner.
If there's a program you're not sure about closing, a right-click > Properties, should reveal more.

Running with 2x sticks of ram, right? Single stick would actually be a hindrance in any gaming oriented PC.

Last edited:
Solution