'Fortnite' Tests Your Skills In Survival Mode Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaidax

Distinguished
Stay away from that game like from fire, not only they ask AAA fee for what effectively is a mix of Alpha and Beta with 2 out 4 major zones being unfinished placeholders, but they also added the most cancerous RNG loot microtransaction store where you don't even know what's in the boxes you buy, which is the only real way of getting anything in the game.

Community is full for leeches and afkers you carry, balance is atrocious with most heroes being bad and you can't even choose a hero to play, have to pray for RNG to give you one.

Game bleeds players like mad and the studio seems to be in for a quick whale hunting and cash grab before this thing dies completely.

Just read the reviews out there, the game is literally being choked by corporate greed of Epic proportions.

You have been warned.

hunshiki

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
@GAIDAX: I agree, and not agree.

There is one major thing where it's all at. The game has been redone plenty of times. From the ground up. They have re-done the entire game, gameplay included a dozen times, which is really something. But no matter how many times they tried, the end result was never really fun.

What reflects this best is the current state of the game. They had some last iteration and then the board at EPIC said "STOP". From that point they worked hard to slap together an UI and voila, that's how you get the current Fortnite.

tl;dr: It's an unfinished product.

Is it "killed" by suits? Not exactly. Just think about it, look it up. How many years did they give to the Fortnite team? And they never delivered a single solid piece of game, ever. Imagine how much money that cost Epic, holy hell. And they kept up with it, gave them a new chance, then another, and another. And that went on for God knows how long.

I think the game should have been killed way back then at the very first iteration. Or, the dev team should have replaced the leads with people who know how to ship good products in time. But with the current team, the game is just good as dead. I feel sorry for the folks who purchased it, it wasn't exactly a cheap game either. (And most perks were straight out useless. Like the "AI defenders".)

Status
Not open for further replies.