fortron blue storm 500w psu any good?

G

Well Arnie I just bought one the other day, but I'm waiting for the rest of my parts to arrive, so I will let you know what I think :smile:

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Addict </b>!! </font color=green>
<i> <font color=red> One new Firefox fan </font color=red> </i>
<pre> Always remember to keep testicles away from live wiring </pre><p>

G

Well I CAN tell you its nice and heavy, so that's a plus. Cables look nice also, should be easy to keep the case clutter free. We'll soon see...

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially an <b> Addict </b>!! </font color=green>

G

That is encouraging, and hey Crashman recommends them, so where can ya go wrong?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Fortron Source is a large manufacturer that previously cattered to the OEM crowd with high-quality power supplies that would easily outlive the OEM PC's 3-year warranty or even a 5-year extended warranty.

Sparkle Power was the retail brand associated with Fortron Source back then. Now you can buy either brand and get the same thing.

Fortron has also made a lot of the power supplies included with Inwin cases (highly regarded) and many of Aopen's power supplies as well.

Zalman uses Fortron Source units as a basis for their ultra-quiet power supplies, and the most expensive maker, PC Power & Cooling, used Fortron Source for a long time before they went to completely custom units.

They've always been better than Antec, that should tell you something.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>