Forum Help/Modorater Related

Status
Not open for further replies.

giltyler

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Looking to get some clarity on a issue with a moderator not comprehending a post and deleting it.
Attempts to clarify through other MODS and can not get response.

I'm guessing this is about your Deals thread.
From what I can gather, it was a misunderstanding about your intentions with the thread. You were looking for a price check, but the content of your thread indicated a sale (for instance you said where to find pictures of the loop, a requirement for all sales in the Deals forum) and hence got deleted since it didn't comply with sale rules.
From this misunderstanding the situation escalated into what it is now.

I would just leave it at that. If you want, create a new thread on the price check, just make it really apparent you want the communities opinion on what they think your loop is worth, not that you intend to sell it then and there.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Hey there giltyler,

You sent your original message on New Year's Eve. Tom's Hardware Community staff does not typically handle ban appeal or thread restoration requests during major international holidays, though I did receive your IMs and emails about the removal of your single thread in the Deals section. Please note that we are not EVGA forums, and we have a different set of guidelines here, which you can read at the following address:
http://www.tomshardware.com/community/faq.html#question4

As manofchalk mentions, if you'd like to make a re-post, that is fine, provided you strictly follow the guidelines outlined for doing such and do not construe your post as a commercial one. In the future, please do be patient. Thanks.

-JP

Status
Not open for further replies.