Forum went to $hit when conroe came out.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
That's absolutely true, Eventhough Most of Us Flamers and Poster Are just being stupid. It Come's down to Reliablility and Cheapest to Buy and Maintain. No matter What AMD FANs Say Or INTEL FANs say. I'm not gonig to go relying on them To choose My Next Processer For me. I'm going to go out and Compare the prices First hand and then Buy it in front of my own eyes, I don't Do Mail order or Shipping. And AMD still had the best and Cheapest Processers to offer so far in my Affordablility range which is about 200-350 and i put aside 150 For Software from WIndows or i'll save an extra 100$ if i Go Linux. But yeah back to the point. My Range is probbaly the cheapest Dual Core or a mid-range one at best AMD64 X 2 - 4400+. And Even if you find me fanning the flames on COnroe or AM2 i'm eventually going to be be out buying that AMD64 X 2- 4400+ System. because i've grown to like AMDs performance for what types of programs i run and what things i expect.

And btw everybody. The Fourm is still an Exellent place. I've read through some of the earlyest Postings that about Early november 2000 and the SPAM ratio was 1:2 but now its gone up to 3:1 WE're still getting the Same ammount of useful and helpful ostings but all thats happen is that we have about 5 N00b members who've joined this FOurm after i did. that are Submitting the stupidest things which are truely getting all the Seasoned posters mad.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I think frankly the problem is that today computers all so so damn fast that we're bored. All our tweaking and buying high-priced parts in the end makes very little noticable difference to an off-the-shelf system from Dell or whatever. Sure, maybe the benchies tell a different story but if as humans we don't see the diff than what's the point?

We crave an amazing new INTEL or AMD chip that will change everything or ATI and NVIDIA to pull somthing ridicously fast out of their butts.

But until then we can argue pointless details and get violent over a few FPS from one manufacturer over the other. And why not? Let's get physical! Bring it on.

GO INTEL, GO NVIDIA! GO GO GO

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
ROTFL, LMAO. LOL MOBOFO. ROTFLAMO. Its Funny Because It's true But Dell sucks still. I'll buy a 20$ mobo and a 2$ pentium and I'll build my self. and write DeLL on the corner that'll be the closes i'll get to Owning a Dell COmputer.

LithiumSunset

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Yep, I agree man. I have two old Dell XPS machines one with a P2 Klamath core and another one P3 with a Katmai core and they WILL NOT DIE! They have been used, abused and just tossed around like kids toys and yet, they're still running just as strong as ever.

Needless to say, my inspiron 9300 widescreen is very nice too.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I've never owned a Dell but have worked on some. When people ask what brand of computer to get I usually just say Dell. (I Don't feel like building everyone a computer).

If you had to recommend a basic, easy to set up computer for the masses what would you say? What should the mother of 3 kids buy who only knows how to turn it on, get to yahoo email and maybe install a game for her 4 year old?

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Umm. Did you ever Realise that We're Argueing and bashing each other(and Dell) on a basis of us being Enthuasists. And we have noting but time on our hand to Help eachother out and Bash Eachother. I'm a 16 Year old Boy with TIme on his hand. I got No idea about Mothers and Fathers Working 3 odd jobs to make ends meet. We don't Mind what Non-enthuasists Buy we're just hitting eachother Because Everone here Knows about Their processers and the Companys That make them. I'm not Including the Computer users that don't even Know what a "Keyboard" is.ME and Dvdpiddy are talking to and for Enthuasists who know their Stuff Like what a L1-cache is and what a L2-Cache is And even What RISC processeser does. So please For Everyones Sake Don't Include the Normal users here. Unless You are a Normal User and Would like to use these Fourms for some Genunie help and Understanding, I'll go out of my way and Genuinely help you with any kind of Processer or Computer Brand While being Non-Bias.

LithiumSunset

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Probably my biggest complaint I have against Dell is, they ship their lowend machines with basically not enough to even run Windows. I do more upgrades on those machines than anything else. I've had quite a few that came through that only had 128 megs of RAM and they used PC2100 when they could've used PC2700.

I know that doesn't seem like much of a performance gain going from 2100 to 2700 but, in a machine like that with 128 megs and going to 512 with the faster speed memory, it makes a whole lotta difference.

HYST3R

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
i recomend dell for people who arent so computer savvy and for people who arent looking for bleeding edge technology dell is perfect and personally I havent had any problems with their customer service. and their notebooks are great in my opinion!!!

Cochise

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2005
hell yeah before intel fanboys where defending prescott a losing architecture i was laughing at them cause i was right and none of them could admit that and most were afraid to show their face but now with conroe this s**t happened mike got pissed and temp banned because of intel fanboy's spamming!,people keep falsely reporting me :evil: ,conroe kept spamming me about something i said a week ago about prescott and i got in trouble when i replyed, and still no intel fanboy here will admit that k8 beat the crap out if prescott :twisted: i admitted that conroe beat the k8 cant they do the same :roll: ! geez if am2 is gonna be 4 issue core like conroe then things should even out or if AMD gets I.B.M. to shift some researchers there way they could release an 8 issue core in just a few months( I.B.M. has been working on one since the 90's) then intel fanboys should admit that they're wrong see this is why i started my intel fanboys thread to show how stuck up intel fanboy's are (the only exception are apache and luminaris cause they admitted that amd offers better performance but intel oc's better the only reasonable intel fanboy's i met).

You joined in early FEB.....I can't recall any posts (maybe I missed them??) where peeps were saying that Prescott was in any way superior to K8....especially in the last 1 1/2 months.

...about Dell. The company serves a purpose. Most people are not enthusiasts and have no desire to know how to build there own rig. I have run across many a satisfied Dell owner over the years. I agree upgrading a Dell can be extremely problematic and a PITA...but for the most part they DO work fine. To each his/her own...

Cochise

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2005
there is a difference to participating in the forums and using them. when they joined does not tell you how long they have used them.

Agreed....as I am proof of the same.

My point was that I have not seen anyone making posts defending Prescott in quite some time (again...maybe I missed them and if so I apologize). So if he was just "using" the forums and not "participating" how could anyone report him then and fight with him about Prescott being superior to K8?

It doesn't matter to me really....it was just another observation.