forum will not allow me to change or log in with firewall on

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
yea i have the same thing dude...

i gave up and just Shut down the COOKIE CONTROL.. set it to OFF.. i sent it over to steve to look at but we couldn't find anything yet.

You must have cookies enabled to log on - says so on the website login screen.

If we migrated cookie data over onto the server it would get rid of your problem, and fix a number of other problems like read/unread threads on different computers. It was like this on TOF but I think TG are happy doing it this way :?

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
well i use firefox, and i do have cookies as on, and when i got here it correctly reconized me, but just when i click on receive password it gave me that error... is there a way to make this work with firefox?

steve_sa

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2005
Yes, Rob pointed that out the first time. I will be downloading and testing with zone alarm pro. The fix would be in term of a warning message to tune ZA down.

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
And speaking of annoying firewalls, just to be aware, at the office we have the Windows XP SP2 firewall running on some test machines (instead of ZA) and did you know that when it pops up a question asking you if you want to allow a program to talk over a TCP/IP port (for example) it doesn't block that port while it asks? It allows the app to just happily chatter away. Talk about M$ security! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, in other words, don't trust M$'s firewall to do <peep> for you. Use ZA. Use whatever. (Use a hardware firewall if you can.) Just don't use M$'s firewall.

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
heh i have macafree virus scan enterprise on as wel... its got its own rules for me too... i have found a really useful site lol

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

the shields up website is one that is best for testing all of ur ports, i dunno if they do anything bad to ur comp, but i haven't experinced any problems though

BTW, by adding forumz.tomshardware.com to ur trusted list in ZoneAlarm do not help this problem...